Creative Clairvoyance

Art, music, literature, or any creative insight that is both innovative and unique could actually be a for of clairvoyance. A prediction of the direction the human culture might someday head. If your prediction is contemporary enough, you may experience success in your lifetime. If it is truly prophetic, you prediction may not be realized until well after your life ends, and perhaps your life would be wrought with hardship. Any examples?

Edited by AbnormallyHonest

This makes no sense. It is not clairvoyance, it is the fact that others were inspired by the work and thus the culture was shaped a bit differently. This is mainly concerning art and music.

It is like saying that Einstein was clairvoyant for inventing GR because he knew people would use GR afterwards. It makes no sense. Or do you have some tangible examples you want to talk about?

This makes no sense. It is not clairvoyance, it is the fact that others were inspired by the work and thus the culture was shaped a bit differently. This is mainly concerning art and music.

It is like saying that Einstein was clairvoyant for inventing GR because he knew people would use GR afterwards. It makes no sense. Or do you have some tangible examples you want to talk about?

I'm not saying there isn't some type of influence that can be generated by incepting the prediction yourself because I believe that is exactly what Einstein did. He came up with an idea, that could be predict, that explained things with cohesive resonance with conventional wisdom. Then incepted the understanding and brought an entire planet into the reality he predicted. Thus will probably be the reality until there is another prediction that creates less paradox. There is a fine line between insanity and genius, just one is creative enough to bring others into their reality. This is true about any unique and creative innovation to our awareness.

Newton is the Rocky to Einstein's Apollo.

Yes, I built a new house. Amazingly, it later turned out that there was a new house in exactly the place I built it. I must be clairvoyant.

Yeah well maybe if you were the first person ever to build one. Edited by AbnormallyHonest

IThus will probably be the reality until there is another prediction that creates less paradox.

Please stop using the word paradox. It doesn't mean what you think it does.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here exactly. There is no element of clairvoyance anywhere. Something that useful, positively novel or otherwise interesting will be met with praise. It is because it is useful that it becomes used; there is no clairvoyance.

Einstein didn't ''predict'' GR because he was clairvoyant. He used his vast understanding of physics and astute logical reasoning to deduce a new model for the laws of the universe. It turned out to be correct.

The OP is true- for a definition of clairvoyance that isn't what most people mean by it.

It's useless, for exactly the same reason.

​It's like calling the prediction that water will come out of the tap when I open it "clairvoyance".

Others would call it "obvious" or at least "experience".

​It's like calling the prediction that water will come out of the tap when I open it "clairvoyance".

Others would call it "obvious" or at least "experience".

The OP's position seems to be closer to plumbing a tap to a water supply and then claiming to be clairvoyant when water "magically" appears from the tap.

Art, music, literature, or any creative insight that is both innovative and unique could actually be a for of clairvoyance. A prediction of the direction the human culture might someday head. If your prediction is contemporary enough, you may experience success in your lifetime. If it is truly prophetic, you prediction may not be realized until well after your life ends, and perhaps your life would be wrought with hardship. Any examples?

Nicolaus Copernicus, perhaps, for one. His book, " De revolutionibus orbium coelestium " , a work which first described the Sun, not the earth, as being the centre of the solar system, was not finally published until the day he died on the 7th of May,1543 , because, even though he had finished it years before then , he was too afraid of ridicule or criticism to have it published earlier, as it was almost universally believed then that the Sun orbited the earth. Anyone who goes against the grain of what is widely regarded as undeniable truth will suffer, if those in positions of power or authority, whose position depends on that supposed truth, with their obedient followers, decide that any new ideas are heresy - even if those new ideas are nonsense. However,i would haltingly suggest that true genius, in any field, is as much destructive as it is creative: doing away with something that was wrong ( as did Copernicus) as well as bringing something new and true to light. Again, haltingly, i wouldn't call it predictive clairvoyance: it could only be so if we all had such creative genius as the few who did/do possess it,regardless of when they lived, and could be as creative as them. Humanities' greatest upheavals have, for better or worse, all been through the influence of individuals- Socrates, Jesus of Nazareth, Mohammed, Luther, Henry 8th, Marie Curie, Hitler, Mao, Bill Gates etc etc. I think, also, the word " unique " is important here,too: if something is unique it can never be replicated or repeated, so Shakespeare's poetry, Bach's music, Rembrandt's paintings and Einstein's Theories etc, can't be repeated, so can't really be a prediction of future culture as that future culture can't be of a comparable stature with such as these examples that gone before. The good news? We all have the power of insight ,though, and, to borrow from C.G Jung , each one of us can create our own selves.... regardless of the past or the future.

• 9 months later...
On 4/17/2017 at 10:25 PM, AbnormallyHonest said:

Art, music, literature, or any creative insight that is both innovative and unique could actually be a for of clairvoyance.

...Any examples?

Clairvoyance is actual a form of sight which goes beyond the optical seeing of the material world humans experience to the energy from which it comes.

I have personally experienced moments of it myself and, like you, I hope humans develop a sense of it. But not to create, as you suggested, to understand.

Screenshot_2018-01-26-21-31-01.png

5 hours ago, Strange said:

And your evidence for this is ...?

I read this in Eastern Body Western Mind, a book on the chakra system in relation to psychology.

experimental evidence for rainbow energies that swirl from the bottom of your spine to the crown of your head connecting you to universal energy? I'm sure probably doesn't exist. XD

Perhaps the Monroe Institute does, if one considers their research legitimate.

1 hour ago, OroborosEmber said:

I read this in Eastern Body Western Mind, a book on the chakra system in relation to psychology.

OK. So we can ignore that. (Don't forget that this is a science forum, not an "aesthetically appealing woo" forum.)

1 hour ago, OroborosEmber said:

experimental evidence for rainbow energies that swirl from the bottom of your spine to the crown of your head connecting you to universal energy? I'm sure probably doesn't exist.

Me too.