The Magic of Magic Squares !

The 9x9 Magic Squares use numbers 1 to 81 only once and has the following properties :

Each row , column and the two diagonals adds up to 369 and the center most number has to be 41 !

There are many solutions and I give here a sample :

post-108627-0-48756400-1492773117.jpg

We can see that 9x9 Square has nine 3x3 Squares and each of these can be a Magic square with numbers out of the 1 to 81 set.

I give below a solution with 9 such 3x3 Squares :

post-108627-0-83808900-1492775140_thumb.jpg

It is not possible to have each 3x3 square add up to 123 and the entire row column or diagonal adding to 3x123 = 369

Puzzle : Find the best solution such that each 3x3 Square will add to as close a sum to 123 with the least deviation [less or more] from 123 !

Each row , column and the two diagonals adds up to 369 and the center most number has to be 41 !

This Center Number 41 is true for the case of nine 3x3 Magic Squares where 1-81 numbers are placed in such a way as to contain 9 Mini Magic Squares as required in the Puzzle.

Some more inputs :

If you take the Sample Magic Square given above formed by the known Generation of Odd numbered Magic Squares with sequential writing of 1,2,3 etc upto 81 as shown it adds up to Magic Sum of 369 as given below.

post-108627-0-18807300-1493191375_thumb.jpg

However it can be seen that there are no Mini 3x3 Magic Squares formed within this. There are a set of Mini Diagonals adding upto 123 each as can be seen.

Another interesting Solution is given below.

post-108627-0-57364400-1493191687_thumb.jpg

Here again there are no 9 Mini 3x3 Magic Squares within but all Mini Diagonals are adding upto 123.

Our Current Puzzle is therefore to find a Solution such that each of the 9 Mini 3x3 Squares will add up to a Magic Sum as close to 123 as Possible and the Center Mini Square adding to the Magic Sum 123.

As an aside I give here the Famous Ramanujan Magic Square which adds up to a Magic Sum for every row column & diagonal and also many Rectangular 4 numbers adding up to the same Magic Sum of 139. The first Row gives the Birthday of Ramanujan : 22 12 18 87

I set out to find a similar solution for my own Birthday which was quite easy and all the Properties of the Ramanujan Square is fulfilled for a Magic Sum of 101. 139 and 101 are both Prime Numbers.

Then I noted that any Birthday can be used to find similar Solution & this is known already !

However I give mine here :

post-108627-0-82474200-1493192590_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am giving the Solution to this Magic Square Puzzle in the Spoiler !

For every 3x3 Magic Square the Center Number has to be one third of the Magic Sum.

That means for a Magic Sum of 123 the Center number has to be 41 and as we have only one 41 to be used we can not have any two 3x3 MS within 9x9 1-81 MS having 123 as the Magic Sum !

I give here the Best Solution I could find !

post-108627-0-34148200-1499349396_thumb.jpg

Edited by Commander

• 1 year later...

I would like to know if there is anyone able to help me with a project related to magic cube and magic squares, I have learned from a sort of inborn knowledge, like animals and other forms of lives can still do, so I experimented with my paranormal perceptions running in my family to explore some ancient knowledge I perceive very familiar, like the philosopher stone 27x27 I did not even know it existed, and when I saw it for the first time, it was like finding an old forgotten friend and I could read it, understand it, even the different methods to develop it, just like when you see a movie you do not remember the title, the actors, the story, but you know you have seen it..so was the perceptions I had with some old knowledge I experimented with and I felt alive, talking to me, interacting with me ...I had to stop because those magic squares were so powerful and took all my energy with them, teaching me lots of strange things coming from inside...people are stealing my discoveries, and I do not know who I can trust..I could perceive some graphic images of a mayan saturnaian grill inside the magic square of the sun, no one ever noticed, but I could emphasize it with particular methods and it was identical to the symbol that was used to represent the magic square of the sun, and I happened the same with other magic squares, those geometric grills could overlap perfectly to their symbols I could find in some ancient books representing the property of those magic squares..I do not understand what all this means, no one can help me and I left those magic squares business. almost a year ago, and now it is very difficult to continue my impossible task I was learning from inside, developing easy systems to create magic cube with geometry and not counting, because I am retarded with math, but I have other perceptions I can use...I would be glad if someone could give me some suggestions/advice etc..Did anyone ever had similar experiences to mine? Did anyone ever felt alive those magic squares and what messages did they receive???Those messages are geometric/numeric language connected with sacred geometry and astronomy I do not know but I know/feel/perceive to be vital  part of them...