Finger scars?

CuriousStudent

Hey,

So in my forensics science course I'm taking at my school we were doing some activities which involved our fingerprints. Wasn't until now that I realized my fingers are scarred up. I compared with other students, and their fingers were more or less smooth. Looking up close I have them on every finger. Where did these come from, and why don't the other students have them (or at least the amount that I have)?

Note:

I can provide a picture if you need a better idea of what I am getting at.

Hey,

So in my forensics science course I'm taking at my school we were doing some activities which involved our fingerprints. Wasn't until now that I realized my fingers are scarred up. I compared with other students, and their fingers were more or less smooth. Looking up close I have them on every finger. Where did these come from, and why don't the other students have them (or at least the amount that I have)?

Note:

I can provide a picture if you need a better idea of what I am getting at.

You're asking us how you scarred up your fingers?

Uh, I think you would have a much better chance than us figuring that out. Just think back to the sorts of physical activities you've done in the past that involved extensive hand usage. Did you play with fire or chemicals as a kid? LOL. Grow up on a farm, maybe? Rock climbing, perhaps.

But hey, I got that beat. I tore the entire top two layers of skin off my left hand...On the palm side, and including all four fingers, in a motorcycle racing accident about six years ago. Layed down a Suzuki GSXR Hayabusa doing 70 on a slick curve on a Texas blacktop. I have no fingerprints on that hand, except a partial thumb print. And, yeah, it stung a might. Serious road rash, amigo.

So if I ever decide to do crime i only need wear one glove!

Yeah...show us a pic. I can tell from the scar tissue the nature of the causal incident. I think.

Edited by Velocity_Boy

Best photo I could get. I can only think of one time I would have gotten a scar, but as you can see my fingers are covered in them. If these aren't scars then could one of you please tell me what they are?

post-122784-0-96763900-1491542914_thumb.png

Edited by CuriousStudent

If you refer to the horizontal lines, they are not scars but folds/wrinkles. They are quite common, though you tend to see more in older folks. Though I would guess it also depends on skin conditions, and how much abuse they take.

I agree with CharonY, they're just pronounced folds in the skin on the tips of your fingers. There are folds at your finger joints and other, less pronounced folds within the segments below your tips. From one of my many esoteric interests many, many years ago, I believe you probably inherited that trait from your mother while your fingertips shapes were likely inherited from your father.

Edited by DrmDoc

If you refer to the horizontal lines, they are not scars but folds/wrinkles. They are quite common, though you tend to see more in older folks. Though I would guess it also depends on skin conditions, and how much abuse they take.

I agree with CharonY, they're just pronounced folds in the skin on the tips of your fingers. There are folds at your finger joints and other, less pronounced folds within the segments below your tips. From one of my many esoteric interests many, many years ago, I believe you probably inherited that trait from your mother while your fingertips shapes were likely inherited from your father.

Thank you!

Edited by CuriousStudent

• 3 weeks later...

Best photo I could get. I can only think of one time I would have gotten a scar, but as you can see my fingers are covered in them. If these aren't scars then could one of you please tell me what they are?

You did not refer to those little micro wrinkles as scars! LOL

Dude, you need to get out more and get some real scars.

My wife once counted all my scars on my entire body. The final total was 12. And this are very real and legit scars, and it's also counting my previously mentioned shredded left palm/fingers as just one. Amazing what right years of motorcycle racing, four years of hockey, and two yours in Iraq will do, eh? As well as various other youthful indiscretions, which I will spare you from hearing about.

Don't worry about this fingers, bro. I've seen worse paper cuts. LOL

Maybe I'll post a pic of my hand! Wanna see? DW says it looks like it's covered with oatmeal. Ewww....

Cheers.

You did not refer to those little micro wrinkles as scars! LOL

Dude, you need to get out more and get some real scars.

My wife once counted all my scars on my entire body. The final total was 12. And this are very real and legit scars, and it's also counting my previously mentioned shredded left palm/fingers as just one. Amazing what right years of motorcycle racing, four years of hockey, and two yours in Iraq will do, eh? As well as various other youthful indiscretions, which I will spare you from hearing about.

Don't worry about this fingers, bro. I've seen worse paper cuts. LOL

Maybe I'll post a pic of my hand! Wanna see? DW says it looks like it's covered with oatmeal. Ewww....

Cheers.

Grow up.

!

Moderator Note

Let's keep this free of insults. Velocity_Boy, your post does leave a bit to be desired. I actually hid your last version of the same post a few weeks ago. I'm not sure why you felt it necessary to revisit.

Sorry Hyper.....I thought I inadvertently deleted my OP when I didn't see it. So reposted. Had I know you hid it (not sure why, not that off-topic really) I would not have reposted, obviously.

OK...I'll shut up about my scars now.

(except to say that its true that women do think they're sxey! LOL)

VB

• 4 weeks later...