Tasmanian Tiger?

DrmDoc

According to The Guardian, investigators are organizing a new search for the elusive Queensland (Australia) thylacine after reported sightings of the believed extinct animal by reliable sources. The sad history of this last marsupial predator includes being hunted to extinction because of it's ferocious appearance rather than any potential threat to livestock or humans. Before recent sightings of at least 4 individuals, the last living specimen of thylacinus is believed to have died in a Hobart zoo in 1936. If found, I welcome its rediscovery and encourage its protection from those apex predators (humans) responsible for its extinctions elsewhere.

Edited by DrmDoc

• 1 month later...

i was in tasmania over xmas and in some museum (cant remember which one) there is a lot of info and also a declaration that and tasmanian government will give $1.2 million to anyone why can prove this animal exists. this 'prize' has been in place for more than 30 years. according to the museum.

i was in tasmania over xmas and in some museum (cant remember which one) there is a lot of info and also a declaration that and tasmanian government will give $1.2 million to anyone why can prove this animal exists. this 'prize' has been in place for more than 30 years. according to the museum.

That's quite an incentive. Let's hope that such a prize stipulates that the animal be left alive, free, and unharmed in the wild by its discovery.

well. the sign in the museum didnt actually say that. but it would be even more of a shame if someone killed the last one to bring it in for proof.

the sign said the prize has been on offer for mayby 30 years and noone has claimed it. so im not holding my breath

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.