Access to texts from 1800

felpeyu2

Hello. I am not sure this is the right place to expose this issue (I was thinking about posting it in the computer science forum, but I decided it was better here). I wrote a python program in orden to solve the beale ciphers (if you don't know what I am talking about you can google it) but my problem is that I need texts avalaible in 1800 in the United States. I don't live in the USA and I am not familiar with internet webs that can possess these texts. So my question is: do you know a website that contains texts from about 1800?

Thanks in advance

Here's a list of famous books during that period:

Archive.org, it should bring up a list of links to copies that you can download. The Archive.org link I've just posted is also a link to one of the books listed. If you scroll down a bit you will see download options for that title; choose the format that suits your purposes.

Here's a copy of The New England Primer (1802), also listed above, in text format:

https://ia802608.us.archive.org/15/items/newenglandprimer00fordiala/newenglandprimer00fordiala_djvu.txt

Edited by StringJunky