Discerning LED white light from natural sunlight?

MC1992

The overall measure of light intensity was an option when I refitted my offices - to be honest we went for motion sensing with over-ride insteadd - but our prefered choice was a mixture of light intensity and motion; but we could not get both options merged together (ie turns on light if there is someone in the roon AND room is dark). We made a saving of around 40% on our electricty as it was - so an even more refined system would be fantastic.

Heh in our offices they have motion detectors. However, someone decided to put the coat hangers just above it, with predictable results. I have them moved in my office, but apparently I do not move enough while reading papers.

Heh in our offices they have motion detectors. However, someone decided to put the coat hangers just above it, with predictable results. I have them moved in my office, but apparently I do not move enough while reading papers.

I don't move enough either - but I have the master control unit so I set the time-off to 15mins; if I haven't moved enough in 15mins for the lights to have been re-triggered then it is probably a good idea to get up walk around the office a few times, get a glass of water etc

I don't move enough either - but I have the master control unit so I set the time-off to 15mins; if I haven't moved enough in 15mins for the lights to have been re-triggered then it is probably a good idea to get up walk around the office a few times, get a glass of water etc

We've got open plan offices. Where I used to have my desk was outside the coverage of all of the movement detectors. Most of the time it was fine but when I was the only one there I'd have to regularly stand up to not be plunged into darkness.

... someone decided to put the coat hangers just above it, with predictable results. ...

I think your office must have been designed/ built by the same crew who did our lab and fitted the temperature and humidity sensors for the air con just above the glassware washing machine...

We've got open plan offices. Where I used to have my desk was outside the coverage of all of the movement detectors. Most of the time it was fine but when I was the only one there I'd have to regularly stand up to not be plunged into darkness.

I had to have motion detectors deactivated in my lab as a significant part was not covered by the sensors. You can imagine that in the middle of experiments it would be less than optimal.

I think your office must have been designed/ built by the same crew who did our lab and fitted the temperature and humidity sensors for the air con just above the glassware washing machine...

:doh::D

One point - if you are looking to place a sensor then it should not be on the window measuring natural light coming in, it should be on the desk or maybe on the top of the monitor to measure total light arriving at work station.

A double sensor of total light and an LED specific band would allow simple troubleshooting and monitoring

That's a very constructive piece of advice, thank you for the input. I will try to integrate this idea into the product design.

The guys who fitted this must get around.

Climate controlled laser lab. Air movement kit on one side of the room. Thermometers on the other side right next to the femptosecond laser.

You'd get in in the morning and it'd be quite pleasant. Turn the laser on and within a few minutes the air con was pushing out air right over most of the bench and where you'd want to stand to align the optics at about 3degC.