Why are Placeboes Getting Better?

Thanks, Gary. I appreciate the help. It should have worked as I was shown.

See how easy it is for misunderstandings to arise?

I'm not Gary - he is a Professor formerly at Yale now at Pomona.

and the author of the Applied Statistics book I referred to.

:)

Tell the others. I am fully aware that other forum members have been angry that I "refuse" to use links and quotes. I am not stupid. Strange was kind, as were you. Otherwise, not much empathy. especially mods. Maybe I'll be punished for saying that?

Probably. I don't care. I am not too political.

Better to tell us what led you to the conclusion that something is changing with respect to placebo trials.

I, for one, am interested in the beef (remember that advert?)

Edited by studiot

I am afraid any more to mention my many years of work in mind study that would easily explain the phenomenon.

It saddens me that I have been labelled a kook for attempting to explain my work.

If you were to present evidence of a suitable standard (not just assertions) that support your hypothesis, then I think people would be very pleased to see it. By this, I mean it would be good to see details of double-blind experiments, analysis of the data you obtained, etc.

This is a thread in psychology after all, a non-science in my view. I thought I was safe here.

Psychology has had a bad reputation in the past, with the nonsense pumped out by people like Freud and Jung, but more recently it has made great efforts to become a scientific discipline.

Indeedy, Strange, I have been working hard to get Harvard Medical School to even listen to me. I have designed some good tests, as you have seen. If they bite, give me the time of day, then there is a small chance I will have the double blind studies to refer to.

My own experiments are providing a sound theory on which to base tests. I am stuck for the time being.

It has been an interesting subject in any case.

Thanks for listening.