Scientific education

Anatanoshi

Hello, i'm a 9th grader from israel.

There aren't many science classes in my school and i'd like to know more about science (mostly Physics or space related stuff).

Last week i found this forum and i've learned ouite a few new things, but i want to start learning specific areas in physics first.

Where should i start?

And if you know a simple written site that i can use to teach myself i'll be glad to know about it.

Any suggestions on where to start?

I would start from learning what are elementary particles, pair production of matter and antimatter, and further annihilation of matter and antimatter.

Then go to fusion, and isotopes, and periodic table. How one isotope can be transformed to another isotope, another element.

I would start from learning what are elementary particles, pair production of matter and antimatter, and further annihilation of matter and antimatter.

Then go to fusion, and isotopes, and periodic table. How one isotope can be transformed to another isotope, another element.

Are those in there?

Can't find them.

You could try asking some questions here about what you do not understand?

Senei gives excellent advise... Some stuff can be complicated for a beginner though. Personally I would start by looking at the history of the atom.... from ancient beliefs to JJ.Thompson, to N.Bohr..... stop when it gets too complicated. Also check out how the periodic table was formed by Mendeleev (more chemistry than physics, but the 2 go hand in hand) it will give you and idea of what atoms are and how they are made from sub-atomic particles.... then move to sub atomic particles, fission/fusion and Sensei's list.