What if gravity acted like magnetism?

JamSmith

I was recently reading a topic about: What if gravity acted like magnetism?

While I was studying about it, I come across the information which makes me little blunt about basic information.

My questions arise when I read "If you have a positive charge the first thing it does is repeal all the other positive charges around it and attract all the negative charges."

I this happens because of magnetism and the electric force? Is that true that they tend to cancel themselves out? And if its true than what is the reason behind it?

While I was studying about it, I come across the information which makes me little blunt about basic information.

My questions arise when I read "If you have a positive charge the first thing it does is repeal all the other positive charges around it and attract all the negative charges."

I this happens because of magnetism and the electric force? Is that true that they tend to cancel themselves out? And if its true than what is the reason behind it?

But it doesn't so why waste effort speculating?

To answer your more reasonable second question,

Gravity, electricity and magnetism have some similarities and some differences.

This has long been known.

Almost all of that time attempts have been made for a common framework, with varying amounts of success, but none have succeeded completely.

More recently we have added two more forces to the list; these operate at sub atomic level and are called the strong nuclear force and the weak nuclear force.

At this (sub atomic) level we can show magnetism and electricity are aspects of the same thing so we think of four fundamental forces of Nature.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1BLWB_enGB520&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=four+fundamental+forces&*

However at beginning level and for practical purposes it is best to think of 5 forces and use well established models.

Are you asking why the electromagnetic force exists and why it behaves as it does?

That is a question for philosophy (or religion). It is just the way things are.

The word is "repel", not "repeal". I do not know what you mean by "cancel" here. It is true that if you have a positive and a negative charge together then, from a great distance, they will appear to have cancelled. But that is not true close up.