Hijack from what is Space made of?

steveupson

Fair enough, lets play toy model. Lets assume a condition with no Heisenburg uncertainty principle. No field excitations/particles. (lets be 100% clear on below I am not trying to describe how a Universe is created or a Universe from Nothing model) so don't even go there I am strictly describing known physics in a heuristic manner. (specifically space-time under GR)

The only thing left is strictly volume. In GR this volume which is assigned coordinates as the volume is 3 dimensional that volume requires 3 coordinates. x,y and z. We can include time as the fourth coordinate t.

this is literally Space-time. Space being the three spatial coordinates with time as the fourth coordinate. As we have nothing to interact with the effective energy of this Space-time is literally zero.

Now lets include some basic physics definitions.

I understand how this is done, but how can we be sure that the volume of space is really nothing more than the combination of the three lengths, x, y, and z? How can we be sure that volume isn't something else entirely, for instance length and direction?

edited to add>>>

If we made up a new unit called a cubradian or cr and made this unit equal to the quantity of volume that exists between the center of a sphere and a steradian. One cubradian would be [latex] \frac{1}{4\pi}[/latex] volume of sphere then couldn't we specify volume by saying an angle times a distance? We could say approximately [latex] {.27} crm[/latex] rather than [latex] 1 m^3[/latex].

Is there anything wrong with that?

(other than the fact that no one seems to like the question?)

Edited by steveupson

Hi Strange,

First, you have no ability to define what i know or not. You say you like science, so respect it.

2nd, my words have a sense that you re not sensitive to. So, your problem only.

3rd, if you can't find the answer, it's just that you don't look at the right problem.

As well, you speak a lot with no point. Who is showing nonsense.

Finally, do you know what Asperger syndrome?

I have skills you don't and i would be just please to share it with you all. But don't be mean and frustrated when some lne smarter than you want to help you.

Oh god, why do people use Asperger as an excuse to win arguments? Contrary to what people seem to believe nowadays, having Asperger syndrome is not synonimous with being a super genius.

Sure, you might spend more time thinking about what you are researching, but that doesn't mean that the person you're replying to hasn't taken more time studying it. Even if you know he didn't, it still doesn't mean you're right. Arguments are won with logic and evidence; nothing else is relevant.

I have read your post and it seems to be of philosophical nature. There seems to be no substance and nothing really to understand from it. You can't, by default, claim that you're right if you have no evidence for what you are saying and you don't. Your post wasn't logically constructed well. If you have a relevant point, try to rephrase it in a way that would be understood by others, but don't get defensive and cocky as soon as someone questions you on it.

Your last post addressed absolutely nothing Strange said and you just appealed to personality traits, which doesn't indicate that you're smarter than everyone, as you claim.

Please stop with claims of intelligence (you don't know how intelligent you are, neither do you know how intelligent anyone else is) and focus on the argument.

Oh god, why do people use Asperger as an excuse to win arguments? Contrary to what people seem to believe nowadays, having Asperger syndrome is not synonimous with being a super genius.

Sure, you might spend more time thinking about what you are researching, but that doesn't mean that the person you're replying to hasn't taken more time studying it. Even if you know he didn't, it still doesn't mean you're right. Arguments are won with logic and evidence; nothing else is relevant.

I have read your post and it seems to be of philosophical nature. There seems to be no substance and nothing really to understand from it. You can't, by default, claim that you're right if you have no evidence for what you are saying and you don't. Your post wasn't logically constructed well. If you have a relevant point, try to rephrase it in a way that would be understood by others, but don't get defensive and cocky as soon as someone questions you on it.

Your last post addressed absolutely nothing Strange said and you just appealed to personality traits, which doesn't indicate that you're smarter than everyone, as you claim.

Please stop with claims of intelligence (you don't know how intelligent you are, neither do you know how intelligent anyone else is) and focus on the argument.

Somoeone here once said: "When you open your mouth, your brains are on parade".

Edited by StringJunky

Yes, you are right. So go on, please..

why i feel i have to make things clear is because you guys belong to kindergarden but still have no idea of where you are.

"What is space made of?"

Just the topic itself is showing the lack of vision..

It''s just wrong to start with this necause it leads dirrctly to a bad reference. You want to know why? Not sure you can.

I didn't mean no offense but now i understand.

And the long message you just sent is just propf that you know i am right but frustrated and so try to find a way to lake you become important...

Don't worry, it's just human.

Bye guys.

Not surprised..

You won't solve anything here. But keep playing, it's cute.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.