Please help me pick a masters program.

R4Y4N

Good morning. I am having a hard time deciding which program to take.

I can either get admitted into

1- Advanced Biological Engineering. (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)

2-Nanobiology.(US University)

3-Bioscience.(King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)

(not my choices, full scholarship is offered in these specific programs)

my ultimate goal is to become a medical scientist or a PhD in something that has a promising future.

background:

Pre-Med (major: Biology, Minor: chemistry)

medical related classes taken : Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Human Genetics, Immunology, Virology.

I understand that this is something I need to choose on my own but I am quite lost. so if you can help me with pros and cons and anything that will help me decide then you'll make my day.

Thank you for your time.

Trying to predict a decent science career based on a given course is quite useless. There is almost no way knowing where jobs are going to be once you are finished, and even so, it is more important to be connected in the right community with the right people. What you should do is look at the programs and see what sounds most interesting to you, as it increases your chances to be at least successful in your studies. But also check out who you eventually would like to pick as a PhD advisor.

Have you considered giving medicine a try?

Medicine is what I really want but things didn't go as planned, been waiting for Med school for about a year now and i thought it might be a good time to look for something else.

Trying to predict a decent science career based on a given course is quite useless. There is almost no way knowing where jobs are going to be once you are finished, and even so, it is more important to be connected in the right community with the right people. What you should do is look at the programs and see what sounds most interesting to you, as it increases your chances to be at least successful in your studies. But also check out who you eventually would like to pick as a PhD advisor.

I have posted the courses I took so it might give you an idea of what i am interest in. I understand it is impossible to predict where jobs are but I just wanted to get someone's opinion. I will keep researching.

Thank you very much. I didn't know that i needed to pick a PhD advisor :doh: .

I don't think CharonY is suggesting you need to pick a PhD advisor. Rather, if you can look at the publications and hence specific fields of study of the faculty members, you can get a clearer idea of which different aspects of the degree topic will receive most attention. In turn that will give you a feel for the course you may prefer. It may also give you insight into the research or work you may be interested in doing. (I'm sure CharonY will correct me if I misinterpreted.)

Yes, I do not necessarily mean you need to pick right now, which is going to be tricky without actually knowing them. But at some point you will have to apply to one and hopefully be taken in. As such it would be helpful to take a look at the instructors for the respective courses and degrees as one of them is likely going to be it (unless you change school, of course).