collecting yourself after defeat

paragaster

My grandfather used to say : If you have lost money, you have not lost anything. If you have lost health, you have lost something. If you have lost character, you have lost everything.

I have managed to defeat myself number of times. Problem is I came to know late that one should have patience and perseverence to deal with people. All is lost only by your actions. Your actions speak louder than words.

I have also learned that one should try to preserve what one has, rather than squandering oneself in bad times.

What have you learned from your defeats?

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway

This is an awesome quote. Inspiring!

I think I have had a life full of ups and downs. Every time, I think my intellectual, moral and spiritual core has been changed/evolved until I am a better man rather than a bitter man overall. My present self is far superior to my previous self, but I think that is the purpose of life itself, to learn and adjust until the personality gains from the experience. Adversity hurts like hell but it also accelerates learning.