See and Solve in one line...................

mathspassion

Between intersection of altitude and bisector on hypotenuse BC of any right-triangle ABC is (AC x AC/BC) - BC/2 where AC is longer leg

That's one line and general - dunno what new formula you might be referring. Perhaps you could stop being so elliptic and ask in a more straight forward manner

In a Right angle triangle ABC

AB=3,AC=4 & BC=5

at BC,E is middle point and D is altitude AD

Find distance DE=?

it is not a difficult question eveyone who know maths can solve easly but question is solve it in one line...........

If I follow your setup D is in the middle of AB, then the distance DE is

half AC=2

If I follow your setup D is in the middle of AB, then the distance DE is

half AC=2

The altitude of a triangle divides the angle and forms a perpendicular to the side opposite the angle; ie D must lie on BC (side opposite A) and line AD must be perpendicular to line BC *

* I think for the other two side/angles of a right triangle the altitude is the same as the side itself - but for the hypoteneuse / right angle this is not the case

The altitude of a triangle divides the angle and forms a perpendicular to the side opposite the angle; ie D must lie on BC (side opposite A) and line AD must be perpendicular to line BC *

* I think for the other two side/angles of a right triangle the altitude is the same as the side itself - but for the hypoteneuse / right angle this is not the case

Thank you.

I missed a sketch.. And now that I put it on paper I realize your post #3 is correct. +1

Edited by michel123456

• 3 months later...

!

Moderator Note

...Links, pictures and videos in posts should be relevant to the discussion, and members should be able to participate in the discussion without clicking any links or watching any videos....

Scienceforums.net rules. Please do not post bare links - I have removed those links as members have no guarantee of the content/safety.

sir figure is right AB=3,AC=4 AND BC=5

as per figure find DE=?

only two seconds question if you know the particular theorum which recently obtained by .....................

I get DE = [ AC2 - AB2 ] / 2 x BC as a General Solution and therefore [42 - 32 ] /2 x5 = 7/10 = 0.7 in this case [the same result found by imatfaal !