The Golden Ratio to Calculate Fibonacci Numbers

SophiaRivera007

Golden ratio - Wikipedia

In mathematics, two quantities are in the golden ratio if their ratio is the same as the ratio of their sum to the larger of the two quantities. ... where the Greek letter phi ( φ {\displaystyle \varphi } or ϕ {\displaystyle \phi } ) represents the golden ratio. Its value is: φ = 1 + 5 2 = 1.6180339887 … .

Decimal‎: ‎1.6180339887498948482... A...
Hexadecimal‎: ‎1.9E3779B97F4A7C15F39
Binary‎: ‎1.1001111000110111011

Definition: The golden ratio, also known as the divine proportion, golden mean, or golden section, is a number often encountered when taking the ratios of distances in simple geometric figures such as the pentagon, pentagram, decagon and dodecahedron. It is denoted, or sometimes.

Using The Golden Ratio to Calculate Fibonacci Numbers

The Golden Ratio to calculate Fibonacci Series:

fibonacci-formula-phi.png

The answer will be equal to the addition of the previous two terms, as a whole number:

I.E.:

fibonacci-formula-phi-6.png

When I used an online calculator for this, I only enter the Golden Ratio to 6 decimal places & I got the answer 8.00000033. A more accurate calculation would be closer to 8.

Edited by AshBox

Golden ratio - Wikipedia

In mathematics, two quantities are in the golden ratio if their ratio is the same as the ratio of their sum to the larger of the two quantities. ... where the Greek letter phi ( φ {\displaystyle \varphi } or ϕ {\displaystyle \phi } ) represents the golden ratio. Its value is: φ = 1 + 5 2 = 1.6180339887 … .

Decimal‎: ‎1.6180339887498948482... A...
Hexadecimal‎: ‎1.9E3779B97F4A7C15F39
Binary‎: ‎1.1001111000110111011

Thank you for great information.

Definition: The golden ratio, also known as the divine proportion, golden mean, or golden section, is a number often encountered when taking the ratios of distances in simple geometric figures such as the pentagon, pentagram, decagon and dodecahedron. It is denoted, or sometimes.

Using The Golden Ratio to Calculate Fibonacci Numbers

The Golden Ratio to calculate Fibonacci Series:

fibonacci-formula-phi.png

The answer will be equal to the addition of the previous two terms, as a whole number:

I.E.:

fibonacci-formula-phi-6.png

When I used an online calculator for this, I only enter the Golden Ratio to 6 decimal places & I got the answer 8.00000033. A more accurate calculation would be closer to 8.

Thank You AshBox. I have tried this equation and it gave me exact result which I was wondering about.