What AI book should I get?

hydropulse17

I'm an indie game developer, or aspiring to be one, and I've decided to get a book on artificial intelligence. I want to know which book I should get if I have no experience writing AI.

I'd prefer a book with a focus on Video Game AI, and either a C# language bias or no language at all, but very few of the books I've looked at mention any languages in their descriptions.

I was looking at Programming Game AI by Example, but it uses C++ and I'm not confident that I'm knowledgeable enough to apply the same concepts to my own code.

My primary interest is Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach, as it uses pseudo-code, seems to be very comprehensive and "It is considered the standard text in the field of artificial intelligence" according to the wiki. I'm just afraid it would be way over my head and even if it isn't I'm afraid I won't be able to apply what I learn to my games.

Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach is the best comprehensive text.

There are many examples of game character programming presented in the simplest way possible. Programming game characters generalises to programming real AI, if you get what I mean. It's the same thing.

Edited by The Bobster