Speed of Light anomoly

Ant Death

Am I correct in saying that as you approach the speed of light distance contracts? If this is true then at the speed of light the length of a finite universe would be zero and light would be instant.

I do have a theoretical solution to this dilemma which also explains the dual nature of light as both a wave and a particle but would appreciate learned comments first.

Thank you.

I would have thought that as light itself travels at the calculated speed of light then it is possible.

I believe that pure light is not both a wave and a particle but pure light can create a wave such as the electromagnetic spectrum which travels at the accepted and measured speed of light and can create a particle which has mass.

This may not be the accepted explanation but as science has proved everything must have an equal and opposite effect. The opposite of pure light would be pure dark and that would be the equal and opposite as we see when we look outwards.

I will appreciate all arguments against so I can develop my understanding.

Thanks

!

Moderator Note

I think you are misunderstanding equal and opposite, and if you have non-mainstream ideas, they should be posted in speculations. Be sure to have supporting evidence, a model, and/or a way of testing or falsifying the idea.

Dear Moderator. Thank you for your guidance I will take on board your instruction. I did look at specualtion threads first but my topic seemed more suited to this section of your very useful site and as I don't have qualifications in this subject I was hoping to gain from the education of your followers.

Apologies if I crossed a line and my logic paths do lead to possible predictions but in biology and geology. The basis of my thinking began with relativity and the genius of Albert Einstein.

Regards

Ant

Dear Moderator

I am attempting to test my logic hypothesis and the constricts of your speculations forum requires provable evidence, predictions, a complete model and ways of testing. While my hypothesis is speculative it does lead to these things but for a hypothesis to become a theory like the big bang theory which predicts the creation of the universe and the energy within it. My speculative hypothesis also has to stand up to scientific argument in order to evolve. Also my logic arguments like those displayed above cast doubt on currently accepted theories. My speculative hypothesis involves a unified theory including classical physics, relativity, quantum mechanics, cosmology, biology, geology, and much more including the point of creation and religion. An hypothesis needs all the things you request to become an accepted theory or a law of physics but I am in the early stages of trying to find a way forward with my speculative understanding and I thought a science forum would be the ideal place to test my understanding against higher educated minds.

Can you please advise where I can get informative comment on my hypothesis which obeys the laws of equal and opposite reactions all throughout the hypothesis.

Thanks

Ant

I would have thought that as light itself travels at the calculated speed of light then it is possible.

Light cannot be considered as a valid frame of reference for exactly this reason: it leads to division by zero and other problems.

I believe that pure light is not both a wave and a particle but pure light can create a wave such as the electromagnetic spectrum which travels at the accepted and measured speed of light and can create a particle which has mass.

Light behaves in some ways as a wave and in some waves as a particle (basically, it is quantised). These quanta (photons) do not have mass.

This may not be the accepted explanation but as science has proved everything must have an equal and opposite effect.

I don't think it has proved any such thing.

I would suggest you stick to asking questions to fill the apparent gaps in your knowledge, rather than making things up.

Dear Moderator. The very first comment I made on this thread proves thay your understanding of the genius of Albert Einstein is much more of a vague hand wavy guess than my logical conclusions.

Light can be created by an electrical energy current. The light created travels at the speed of light. At the speed of light the length of a finite universe is zero.

The vague hand wavy guesses are not coming from me you stuck up pretentious idiot.

I guess my membership will be terminated, my comments deleted and the science community will be the worse off for it. Without discussion science cannot progress and even humans have stopped evolving at just 10% of brain capacity. Anybody who does not conform to the norm is classed as disabled.

The illogical logic of humans.

Lets see if the private university educated minds can answer these questions then.

The inner core of the planet is a solid metal ball that is in direct contact with a molten and gaseous soup of all sorts of chemical elements. Why doesn't the metal core melt? If it is due to pressure thebn why is the solid inner core correctly thought to contain lighter elements inside?

The crust of the planet is formed by molten magma rising up from the gaseous and molten soup and the crust contains a lot of weakly radioactive uranium that according to your theories can only be produced in a supernova. If that is true then where did all the uranium come from. If your only argument is spelling of one word then your argument is weak.

How can the solid rock without any toolmarks in the Nazca desert accurately portray angles and lifeforms and clearly show the exact moment of the creation of man from monkey (check the hands and fingers) while still attached by an umbilical cord to the planet as all other life forms in air, sea and on land roam free. How can it still survive in an arid plain below the water table and near to a major river that sends water moisture into the air and ground? I am talking about a geological formation.

The rich families that own and control universities now also own and control large parts of the NHS through trusts.

I am fighting these corrupt people on many fronts using logic and words and not using nuclear arsenals and other lethal weapons that science has created.

I can answer my questions. Can you?

In reply to HallsOfIvy. I never said I did not understand basic physics. I said I had no qualifications. There is a universe of difference between my statement and your assumption.

All of the mathematics surroynding Albert Einstein'brilliant work is derived from just two statements made by Albert Einstein and not accepted by the scientific community until many years later.

I am not allowed to add any more posts for the time being so I amc addaing comments using the edlit function.

If all theu planets in the solar system revolve around the sun then why does their combinetd gravity not produce oscillations in the positioning of the sun?

Edited by Ant Death

The inner core of the planet is a solid metal ball that is in direct contact with a molten and gaseous soup of all sorts of chemical elements. Why doesn't the metal core melt?

Pressure.

The crust of the planet is formed by molten magma rising up from the gaseous and molten soup and the crust contains a lot of weakly radioactive uranium that according to your theories can only be produced in a supernova. If that is true then where did all the uranium come from.

Supernovae.

How can the solid rock without any toolmarks in the Nazca desert accurately portray angles and lifeforms and clearly show the exact moment of the creation of man from monkey (check the hands and fingers) while still attached by an umbilical cord to the planet as all other life forms in air, sea and on land roam free. How can it still survive in an arid plain below the water table and near to a major river that sends water moisture into the air and ground?

What are you talking about?

Dear Moderator. The very first comment I made on this thread proves thay your understanding of the genius of Albert Einstein is much more of a vague hand wavy guess than my logical conclusions.

I can assure you that swansont knows far more than you (and me) about the mathematical details of Einstein's theories.

I guess my membership will be terminated, my comments deleted and the science community will be the worse off for it.

You guess wrong. Your comments will be left as a permanent reminder of your arrogant and ignorant opinions.

Without discussion science cannot progress

But it needs to be informed discussion, not just random guesses.

even humans have stopped evolving at just 10% of brain capacity

Myth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_percent_of_the_brain_myth

Anybody who does not conform to the norm is classed as disabled.

Nonsense.