carbon carbon bond structure

fredreload

I want to create a simply carbon to carbon bond structure using possibly an enzyme or and easy method of building it into the shape I desire. Right if this succeed you could make diamonds, but first thing first, how do you normally create a carbon to carbon bond in thin air? I'm looking for a cheap alcohol enzyme creation technique, not something I have to monitor over. And if I do need an optical tweezer to place two carbon atoms next to each other for carbon to carbon bond formation, let me know how it's done

Edited by fredreload

I don't know what the most recent methods of artificially creating diamonds is, but it used to require huge pressures and temperatures. It isn't just as simple as adding a catalyst and it forms a tetrahedral. Most of the other allotropes are more favourable, thus you need the very high pressures to make the tetrahedral energetically viable. There are loads of youtube vids about making diamonds with autoclaves and presses - some people add impurities or certain things to encourage growth, but I think we are still needing huge pressures to mimic how they form naturally.

Think about it - if it were that easy then people would be doing it all over and forming there own diamonds rather than paying for them. They are rare for a reason.

I want to create a simply carbon to carbon bond structure using possibly an enzyme or and easy method of building it into the shape I desire. Right if this succeed you could make diamonds, but first thing first, how do you normally create a carbon to carbon bond in thin air? I'm looking for a cheap alcohol enzyme creation technique, not something I have to monitor over. And if I do need an optical tweezer to place two carbon atoms next to each other for carbon to carbon bond formation, let me know how it's done

...not sure how it is done, but consider that creating a one carat diamond by placing "carbon atoms next to each other" with optical tweezers

would require the placement of 1022 atoms into the proper configuration.

And placing one atom per second would take a little over 300 trillion years!

~ :unsure: