What if we just agree altogether and build a whole united peaceful world?

Randolpin

We could build it if all of us know the true reality and true meaning of our existence..

The foundations are fragile since: the true reality is, we are here right now and the true meaning of our existence is meaningless.

Edited by dimreepr

I don't think you can achieve this by focusing on all this from the beginning. You don't need to force everyone to be peaceful; it would be much more effective to simply open up the path to unity and peace, and let the path itself encourage participation.

Start with some kind of minimum subsistence requirement for human life. With all our gifts, we should be able to provide food, shelter, clothing, healthcare, and education at a basic level for every human. If we can make that much of an investment in ourselves, we'll truly see what our potential is. It should be a level of support that can't be taken away by anybody, and available to anybody, no matter the circumstances.

I don't think you can achieve this by focusing on all this from the beginning. You don't need to force everyone to be peaceful; it would be much more effective to simply open up the path to unity and peace, and let the path itself encourage participation.

Start with some kind of minimum subsistence requirement for human life. With all our gifts, we should be able to provide food, shelter, clothing, healthcare, and education at a basic level for every human. If we can make that much of an investment in ourselves, we'll truly see what our potential is. It should be a level of support that can't be taken away by anybody, and available to anybody, no matter the circumstances.

The obstacle is fear, the fear that our tax dollars are spent on the unworthy at the expense of my new stuff, regardless of need.

Perhaps if we include our own proximity to such a fate and why, in main stream education, could your vision be realised, one can only hope.

The obstacle is fear, the fear that our tax dollars are spent on the unworthy at the expense of my new stuff, regardless of need.

Perhaps if we include our own proximity to such a fate and why, in main stream education, could your vision be realised, one can only hope.

I agree about the petty fears. What if the focus was on education, and making certain that everyone was educated through college (or trade school)? Put all our social efforts into producing the best 22-year-old humans we can, and everything that entails, including good food, good health, and accommodations for shelter and clothing if you don't have them. No private schools, so all resources are put into a single extraordinary system, where the focus is completely on blending talent with opportunity, and profit isn't even considered.

If we could perfect a system like that, it would open up a lot of prosperity, and hopefully that might show us all that peace isn't something to be afraid of.

I agree about the petty fears. What if the focus was on education, and making certain that everyone was educated through college (or trade school)? Put all our social efforts into producing the best 22-year-old humans we can, and everything that entails, including good food, good health, and accommodations for shelter and clothing if you don't have them. No private schools, so all resources are put into a single extraordinary system, where the focus is completely on blending talent with opportunity, and profit isn't even considered.

If we could perfect a system like that, it would open up a lot of prosperity, and hopefully that might show us all that peace isn't something to be afraid of.

Unfortunately peace is trumped by greed, imagine a scenario in which your peaceful existence is threatened, but the solution to that threat offers a little more than you have now; suppose you are threatened by poverty and you find a gold nugget? How far do you go to protect your find?

Edited by dimreepr

Unfortunately peace is trumped by greed, imagine a scenario in which your peaceful existence is threatened, but the solution to that threat offers a little more than you have now; suppose you are threatened by poverty and you find a gold nugget? How far do you go to protect your find?

There's room for capitalism and peace, imo. There's nothing wrong about finding gold for yourself. I just think you'd be more likely (everyone would be more likely) to find that gold if we were supported in our education to the highest degree.

There's room for capitalism and peace, imo. There's nothing wrong about finding gold for yourself. I just think you'd be more likely (everyone would be more likely) to find that gold if we were supported in our education to the highest degree.

Education is indeed the key.

The human race, united behind a single purpose, could build a paradise on Earth.

The problem is getting everyone to agree on what paradise should look like.

All of us would agree on what it should look like if all of us know what is the true reality that impose rules that we should follow.

All of us would agree on what it should look like if all of us know what is the true reality that impose rules that we should follow.

In my experience, this might sound good but it always ends poorly. There is no universal truth for all people, except that we need to breathe, we need to eat, we need water, and we need shelter. "True reality" is a commodity controlled by the opinions of a few. "True reality" that "imposes rules that we should follow" is just more religion.

I don't think a united, peaceful world also has to be homogenous and singularly purposed. I think it's in our best interest to take advantage of the diversity of perspective various cultures offer. Maybe all we need to make universal is the food, shelter, water, and breathable air. Without those worries, everyone will have time for school!

• 1 month later...

The building I work in has 2 elevator banks. Each bank has an independent call button. The majority of people (nearly everyone) push buttons for both banks when waiting. This occupies both banks with a single persons request yet a single person cannot use both banks at once. As a result it is common when riding on the elevator for it to make nurmerous stops at multiple floors where there are no passengers waiting any longer. By calling both banks makes the banks operate slower and provide worse service for everyone. Yet the temptation to call both elevator banks in hopes of getting an elevator sooner is too tempting for people to resist.

A peaceful world requires a world where individuals don't seek personal advantage or convenience over each other. That seems nearly impossible. People circle parking lots and often stop in the middle of a row to get parking spots they considered more desirable. This increases accidents, makes parking more difficult, an creates an overall worse experience for everyone involved and yet it happens everywhere. People seem to naturally error on what they can have or get within any situation over the greater good to society at large. Many of the worlds greatest atrocities happened because people where seeking convenience. To an extent that is one of the drivers of slavery. People forcing others to do work they don'tt want to do themselves. I don't know how that complusion can be removed from society. We have monetized it where we can allowing people with means to pay for better seats on planes, valet parking, rooms with better views, toll roads to avoid traffic, prioty memberships to avoid lines, and etc but ultimately people compete for advantage over each seemingly in every facet of life.

A peaceful world requires a world where individuals don't seek personal advantage or convenience over each other. That seems nearly impossible.

We have but one chance, contentment, I know I bang on about this but just imagine...

A world where our needs are met, without the judgement of others and no pressure on our time, where waiting for an elevator is an excuse to ponder, rather than worrying about what we're missing, one day maybe.

We have but one chance, contentment, I know I bang on about this but just imagine...

A world where our needs are met, without the judgement of others and no pressure on our time, where waiting for an elevator is an excuse to ponder, rather than worrying about what we're missing, one day maybe.

Donald Trump was born into one of the most wealthy families in the world. All his material needs have been met his whole life. The only pressure that exist in his life is that which he manifests. Some people simply do not want the world peaceful world. They want more than others. Everything is a competition. If the standard wait for an elevator is one second then want an elevator in 0.5 seconds.

Donald Trump was born into one of the most wealthy families in the world. All his material needs have been met his whole life. The only pressure that exist in his life is that which he manifests. Some people simply do not want the world peaceful world. They want more than others. Everything is a competition. If the standard wait for an elevator is one second then want an elevator in 0.5 seconds.

A spoiled child sometimes suffers as much as an abused child, a bully or bigot is never born, they are made.

Not all suffering is physical.

A spoiled child sometimes suffers as much as an abused child, a bully or bigot is never born, they are made.

Not all suffering is physical.

That is besides the point I was making. I also don't know if it is correct to assume Trump suffered any abuse. We (humans) are animals and alpha males exist through nature. Trumps compulsions appear basic and primitive.

That is besides the point I was making.

Please elaborate.

I also don't know if it is correct to assume Trump suffered any abuse. We (humans) are animals and alpha males exist through nature. Trumps compulsions appear basic and primitive.

Now we're getting into Nietzsche's territory, maybe he's a psychopath, otherwise I think he's suffered given his bigotry.

Master–slave morality does not take into account human emotions.

Edited by dimreepr

Seems to work just fine on Star Trek.

( take away the reason to hurry that elevator, and people stop selfishly pushing both buttons )

Warp drive works fine too. :)

Please elaborate.

Now we're getting into Nietzsche's territory, maybe he's a psychopath, otherwise I think he's suffered given his bigotry.

Ending abuse and getting people to agree to a peaceful world where everyones basic needs get met are separate challanges. One is an individual issue and the other would be delt with structurally by world govts. There is a plethora of disorders people can be genetically predisposed to. As a result people will have parents, uncles, brothers, sisters, spouses, and etc who are depressed, addicts, bipolar, schizophrenic, obsessive compulsive, and etc. Growing up in a home with parents that suffer from anxiety, narcissism, attachment disorder,and etc can create negative environments for children. There is a good argument to be made that many mental disorders would be greatly reduced in a peaceful and cooperative world but to say they wouldn't exist is to deny the genetic component involved in health. So we'd still face individuals that manifest impatience, hatred, violence, racism, sexism, greed, and etc. As such saying that you believe Donald Trump suffered abuse doesn't change anything. People like him would still exist.

We need rich people to acknowledge that working the jobs is just as important to society as creating them. It's really the only way a modern society can be both fair and productive. This should be an agreement that cements us all as a society. Then welfare becomes an investment instead of a handout. Education can flourish instead of withering.

The wealthy will need to find something else to blame besides the stupid poor. But we may get fifty years of progress instead of eight years forward, eight years back.

We need rich people to acknowledge that working the jobs is just as important to society as creating them. It's really the only way a modern society can be both fair and productive. This should be an agreement that cements us all as a society. Then welfare becomes an investment instead of a handout. Education can flourish instead of withering.

The wealthy will need to find something else to blame besides the stupid poor. But we may get fifty years of progress instead of eight years forward, eight years back.

That would be great. However importance and money are often just extensions of peoples egos. There are millions of people in this world who have more money than they will ever spend yet seek more as a matter of pride. Many wealthy people like Laurene Powell Jobs and Bill Gates realize the value of other people and through philanthropy attempt to promote the value of everyone. Unfortunately many others like Donald Trump see everything as a competition: rich people are winners and poor people are losers, rich people are smart and poor people are stupid, rich people are important and poor people are not.