Does this Plant Respond to Geomagnetic Fields [Molineria Capitulata] ?

BenSibs

Hi There,

I stumbled across some information about "Palm Grass" speculating that it acts as an antenna for geomagnetic fields (palm-1.jpg). post-123764-0-19368900-1479103513_thumb.jpg

I've got a lot of these plants growing on my property and at first observation I'm 99% sure it does oscillate randomly and without effect from wind. I put up a video showing my first observation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egQXFflbPwU

I found one inconclusive article about it on the internet here:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/11870160_Biological_rhythms_an_analysis_of_the_archives

It seems as tho this is all just speculation, I'm thinking of conducting some amateur science on the plant to determine what causes the leaves to oscillate. I was thinking of first potting the plant, putting it in a perspex container (wind free environment) and observing it. If it still moves I would like to run some electromagnetics near it to see if i can influence it.

I'm super curious about this plant as I've never heard of a plant doing this before. If you have any tips on how I can test it please let me know (keep it simple please), or if you have any information please post it. The plant also goes by these names:

• Molineria capitulata
  • Palm Grass
  • Weevil Lilly
  • Curculigo

I'm new to the forums, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this?