copper borate or tetraborate?

jamit37

There is hardly any information on copper II borate on the web. Wikipedia has just a picture of the compound. I'm interested in making it... it's my goal to make all possible combination of copper based chemicals. Can someone help me out?

Here's what I've done so far. I've got a solution of copper II sulfate and mixed it with a solution of sodium borate (borax). This produces sodium sulfate in solution while copper II borate (or tetraborate?) ppt. Am I correct in this?

Is there another way of making copper II borate? (ie. boric acid and copper carbonate??)

Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Not to mention you would need to synthesize them all in under a week or so, because people are constantly discovering or making new compounds. Ever since DFT and synth robots came out, synthetic chemistry is advancing extremely fast; mostly on the organic front, but I'm sure there is a new copper species at least every week.

As for copper(II) borate...not really sure either. But I imagine you can find a solvent that it will percipitate in. Then just find a soluble Cu(II) species and a soluble borate species. Stuff like this usually works for simple ionic salts. I think borax is a tetraborate hydrate though, don't know how far you'll get with that but it might work.

Edited by mississippichem