How to make sulfur

antiswat

so you don`t know?

then why waste our time posting in the Chemistry (Science) area at all? if you have nothing useful to offer I`ll thank to keep out of these forums in future, and leave the replies to those that DO know some science.

Find an underground deposit of sulfur, inject some superheated water into it to melt it and force it to the surface. You will get a lot.

Or go buy some. I don't think any process to extract sulfur from something else is going to be cheaper or less time consuming than purchasing it from a pharmacy or chem supply.

my "Deal" is that Chemistry is a Science, and Exacting science at that, so "get some eggs" requires backing up with science, something you failed to do when asked.

there is no room for half answers or speculations (or Opinion) here.

there is no room for half answers or speculations (or Opinion) here.

Stop being such a prick. I'll go quote like a thousand times where you did exactly that if you really want to continue this childish tangent and personal vendetta with me.

1) get some eggs. a lot of eggs. eat them.

2) get some hosing and vaseline. Hopefully you don't need instructions, on what to do with this, but lead your "exit gas stream" into cold water saturated with [ce] SO2 [/ce].

Sulfur will precipitate due to the following water-catalyzed reaction:

[ce] 2H2S + SO2 -> 3S + 2H2O [/ce]

Here is a nice video not involving flatus:

Okay, so I'm obviously joking. The H2S content of farts is negligible.

However, check out this: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_make_sulfur_at_home_what_stuff_do_you_need

By far, the easiest way to get sulfur is to buy some. If you can get high quality anywhere, I suggest you do so, because trying to purify fertilizer grade by repeated recrystallization is a pain in the arse and very smelly since you need hot xylene or toluene for solvent, as well as a very fine metal screen as a filter. I've done it and seriously don't recommend it.