Who can tell me the difference between graphics and image

flower0016

...and she probably knows better than Phi's other wives.
Oooh, that earned you a comment in German. And if my translation is anywhere near accurate I hope you're at least a gymnast, if not a total contortionist.

I'd tell you what she said but the image is too graphic. ;)

It depends on the context. In the context of web sites, general/business application development, graphic design, etc, moving images are usually referred to by words like "animation" or "video", depending on whether the source is real-world visual capture (from a camera) or computer-generated imagery. But you will see the word "graphics" refer to moving images from time to time in certain contexts, such as "the graphics in that game were pretty good".

But in the context of the first post in this thread, asking for the difference between "graphics" and "images", it seems likely that the poster was asking for the difference between computer-generated, vector-based drawings, and camera-captured still images. I.E. the difference between a drawing file and a bitmap file.

I've taught a number of introductory computer courses and it's a pretty common point of confusion for newcomers to computers, and it leads to a lot of interesting learning opportunities, e.g. questions like "why is a bitmap so much larger than a drawing?", or "why do I have all that ugly block-like haze all over my internet video?" Good stuff.

But the poster hasn't returned since posting this message so I'm guessing they figured it out by now. :)